It’s usually pretty obvious when you have mice in the main living areas of your home. You can see, hear, and even smell them. But what about the areas you can’t see, like you attic? Attics often contain heirlooms, decorations, clothing, and other stored items. Mice can do serious damage to items that are costly or impossible to replace or repair. And when they’re in areas that you don’t frequent, you might not know until it’s too late.
Modern Pest is pleased to offer Anticimex SMART Attic Monitoring. We’ll know if there’s a mouse issue before you do!
The Dangers of Mice in the Attic
- Mice can chew through wiring and cause fires. Not only is this damage expensive, it can be deadly. Mice are estimated to cause up to 20% of undetermined fires in the U.S. every year.
- Mouse waste can damage insulation and wood. Damage to insulation can compromise the heating and cooling efficiency of your home. You might not even know it’s happening until extensive and costly damage has occurred.
- Their constant gnawing can contaminate food and damage property and structures. They can destroy family heirlooms, paintings, books, documents, and other irreplaceable items stored in attics, basements, and garages.
- Mice are known to spread 35 diseases and can cause serious health risks to both humans and pets.
A Paradigm Shift in Pest Control
Anticimex SMART is a whole-house electronic mouse control system that is nothing like what’s on the U.S. market today. You have better things to do than pest control. That’s our job.
Anticimex SMART is the intelligent and environmentally friendly pest control service that operates 24/7. If mouse activity is detected, SMART wirelessly communicates with our offices so we can send a Modern Pest Service Professional out to address the issue.
- SMART technology monitors your home 24/7.
- All set up and pest removal done by service professionals.
- Safe and environmentally friendly.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Worldwide, rats and mice spread over 35 diseases. These diseases can be spread to humans directly, through handling of rodents, through contact with rodent feces, urine, or saliva, or through rodent bites. Diseases carried by rodents can also be spread to humans indirectly, through ticks, mites or fleas that have fed on an infected rodent.
- A female mouse can have up to 15 litters in one year, and can get pregnant again 24 hours after giving birth. For one mouse, the average litter size is 10-12. They can start to reproduce at only six weeks of age, so it doesn’t take long for a few mice to create an infestation.
- In fact, up to 20% of undetermined fires in the U.S. are believed to be started by rodent damage.
The Future is Electronic
Anticimex SMART technology consists of Smart Connect Minis, Smart Connect Eyes, and Smart Snaps that communicate with each other and back to headquarters. They tell our Pest Control Professionals where the mouse pressure is high, so they know where to most effectively place the Smart Snaps. And when a Smart Snap is activated, it reports back to our offices so we’ll know to empty and reset it.
With innovative SMART technology from Anticimex, you’ll never even have to think about mice in your homes, much less remove one from a DIY electronic or traditional snap trap.