Modern Pest Services offers both conventional chemical treatment and Thermal Remediation® or heat treatment (electric or propane) to its commercial and residential customers throughout New England.
Our Heat Treatment program is environmentally friendly and a safe alternative for immediate results. Modern Pest Services also provides a more economical and traditional chemical solution for effective results.
What can you expect from Modern Pest Bed Bug Treatment?
- INSPECTION – Whether you own a home or a business, early detection of bed bugs is critical, but it’s only the beginning. As soon as bed bugs are suspected, call Modern Pest Services for a thorough inspection to determine the extent of the infestation.
- TREATMENT – A treatment strategy and follow-up plan will be implemented, including Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques.
- PREVENTION – Business owners, property managers, homeowners and renters play an important role in the elimination of bed bug infestations and need to work closely with their pest management professional (PMP) throughout the entire process. This includes following preparation guidelines prior to treatments and being aware of preventative measures to prevent recurring bed bug infestations.
- TRAINING – For businesses, Modern will provide training to help employees identify bed bugs and understand how to prevent bed bug infestations from occurring.
HEAT TREATMENT FOR BED BUGS
Modern’s heat treatment provides a safe and highly effective solution for the elimination of bed bugs. During a heat treatment, portable, electric or propane heaters are placed within the infested area and the ambient temperature is raised to a lethal range of 120°-140° F. Fans are used to circulate the heated air throughout the space to reach bed bugs in all their hiding spots, while a trained professional monitors the temperature and maintains it via wireless sensors for several hours.
Bed bugs have no defense against this extreme level of heat and this one-time treatment will kill all life cycles of bed bugs, from eggs to adults.
CHEMICAL TREATMENT FOR BED BUGS
Modern’s chemical treatment is highly effective and a popular service for the elimination of bed bugs. During treatment, EPA-approved materials including dust, liquid and aerosol are strategically applied in high infestation areas throughout the infested areas.
A follow-up treatment is done two weeks later, followed by a customized bed bug defense program.
BENEFITS OF HEAT TREATMENT
- Low-risk and environmentally friendly
- Kills all life cycles of bed bugs from eggs to adults
- One-time treatment provides immediate results
- Targeted treatments to meet your specific needs
- Treat an entire structure or spot treat a high-infestation area
BENEFITS OF CHEMICAL TREATMENT
- Residual affects can protect the infested area for up to six months
- Bed bug defense program provides pest management inspection on a monthly basis
- Chemical treatment is more economical than heat treatment