In addition to our traditional pest control, Modern Pest also offers an organic pest control option called Homecare Organic. Both are effective in resolving and preventing pest issues. And while no pesticide is considered “safe,” our earth-friendly organic program has reduced risks to kids, pets, and non-target animals.
What are Organic Pesticides?
- Organic pesticides are pesticides made from naturally occurring substances
- Organic is another name for botanical insecticides
- Organic to Modern means using substances approved and listed on the USDA’s National Organic List
- Unlike most pesticides, which use synthetic chemicals, botanical insecticides utilize essential oils. Naturally derived from plants, these essential oils are approved for use around pets, children and food-handling areas.
Do you think Modern’s Homecare Organic pest control might be right for you? Call 1-800-323-7378 or click here to learn more!
What are the Benefits to Organic Materials?
- Natural ingredients
- Reduce risk to non-targets
- Since most botanically-derived insecticidal compounds have ingestion or stomach-based modes of action, they tend to be more selective to insect pests and less aggressive to beneficial natural enemies, people, pets, or livestock.
- They reduce the risk of pests developing pesticide resistance.
The Organic Option
Modern’s Homecare Organic program is similar to our traditional Homecare Green service but implements essential oils in place of regular pest control materials. Some clients find this program better suited to them when a more natural lifestyle is involved.
Some of these products are made with essential oils such as:
- malic acid
Organic vs. Traditional Service
The service schedule for Homecare Organic is the same as for traditional Homecare Green. The program comes with the same 100% service satisfaction guarantee as our other service plans. If you experience an increase in pest activity in between your regularly scheduled visits you can give us a call and we will address it at no additional cost to you.
To learn more about Modern Pest’s Homecare Organic program or to schedule service, call 1-800-323-7378
Is Organic Effective?
Just like any product we use, organic has its advantages and disadvantages. We have spent years developing our Homecare Organic program to achieve the best possible results.
The longevity of organic materials depends on the specific organic material we are using and what pest we are treating for. Some organic products will last for months while still being effective in controlling pests.
How Does Organic Work?
- Just like traditional pest control, how the material works depends on the specific product we are using. However, they work very similarly to traditional products.
- Some organic materials we use contain Octopamine. Octopamine is a key neurotransmitter found in insects and regulates their behavior and metabolism. Many of these botanical products stop the Octopamine neurotransmitters and shut down the insect’s central nervous system. Mammals, birds, and fish do not have these receptors for Octopamine so these specific materials will not have an adverse effect on them.
- The organic materials we use are non-staining. However, if there are dusts, oils, or other materials on a surface then you may see “drips” running down that surface. This is not from the product but from the surface itself.
- Sometimes people are concerned about a lingering odor from organic products. And while there is an odor, we frequently receive reports from our clients saying the smell is sweet and pleasant.
- Phytotoxicity can happen when an application of materials is too heavy in a single area and plants and grass are burned. Modern Pest takes care when applying organic materials to avoid overapplying. We take the same precautions around gardens and plants as we do with traditional materials.
The Modern Solution
If you think Modern’s Homecare Organic pest control is the right solution for your home and family, call us today at 1-800-323-7378. Our Client Care Professionals are happy to schedule service, answer any questions you have, or give you a free quote over the phone.