Preventing ants is always a challenge, but even more so for Property Managers like you who have to keep tenants and guests happy.
Follow these 5 simple Pro Tips to keep your clients ant-free this summer:
- Figure out what kind of ants you have so you can determine what they’re eating and where they’re coming from. There are four that you’re most likely to encounter: pavement ants, Argentine ants, odorous house ants, and carpenter ants.
- Remove any litter from the foundation of the buildings. Ensure trees and bushes are trimmed away from the building.
- Eliminate sources of standing water or high-moisture areas. Replace leaky faucets and run air-conditioning drain lines away from the property.
- Make sure all cracks, windows and door frames are properly sealed.
- Remove all potential food sources. Ants enjoy sugary foods, proteins, and fats. In addition to making sure your food is properly sealed-up, and be sure to quickly clean up any spills, grease splatters, and crumbs.
Request your free site evaluation below: