By Elaine Gammon
With the arrival of “Sherlock”, our first bed bug inspection canine, the Modern team is ready to offer canine inspections as part of its bed bug control program.
Canine inspections offer customers an innovative approach to early bed bug detection by leveraging the expertise of a trained canine team to inspect rooms where bed bugs have been found or are suspected. Using their keen sense of smell, bed bug inspection canines detect the presence of live bed bugs and viable eggs with an extremely high level of accuracy and speed.
Modern’s bed bug canine inspection service offers:
- proactive inspections to identify bed bugs as early as possible after they have been introduced
- targeted inspections when bed bug activity is suspected in a particular room and adjoining rooms
- thorough inspection of areas that may otherwise be difficult or time-consuming for a trained pest management professional to inspect
- post-treatment inspections to determine if bed bugs have moved beyond treated areas
Inspection canines find bed bugs in all their hiding places
A thorough inspection of each room or area will be completed in approximately 2-3 minutes and special attention will be given to areas where bed bugs are most likely to be found including:
- seams of mattresses and box springs
- furniture such as bed frames, headboards, night stands, and dressers
- items such as lamps, clocks, telephones, etc.
- flooring, carpets, baseboards, and wood trim
- curtains and upholstery
- wallpaper and picture frames
- electrical switches and outlets
- clothing, clutter or objects near a bed
- sofas or chairs used for sleeping or long periods of rest
With the addition of bed bug canine inspection services to its treatment, prevention and training programs, Modern is able to offer its customers one of the most comprehensive solutions to bed bug control in New England.
For more information about Modern’s bed bug control program, visit the bed bug section of our website or call 1-888-997-3312.