Summer is almost here and so are mosquitoes! Modern Pest Control has compiled a list of tips to help you minimize mosquitoes and take back your backyard.
- Eliminate standing water on your property and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
- Clear gutters of debris and repair any leaky faucets that may be causing water to pool. Ensure that drips from air conditioning units are running free and evaporating.
- Cut back excess vegetation by keeping weeds and shrubbery trimmed. Keep grass short so adult mosquitoes can not hide there.
- Fix holes in screen enclosures and windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
- Change water in pet dishes regularly and keep water in bird baths and plant dishes fresh by changing the water at least once per week.
- Keep your pool clean and well chlorinated. Keep in mind that pool covers can also be an excellent breeding ground for mosquitoes so be sure to remove any water that may have collected on the surface after the summer rains.
- Cover trash containers and drill holes in the bottom to ensure water drains out.
- And finally, avoid outdoor activities as much as possible during dawn and dusk hours when mosquitoes are most active.
Eliminating the places mosquitoes like to breed is the key to reducing mosquito population growth. Keep your family safe this summer by taking steps to reduce the presence of mosquitoes. Modern’s mosquito control program is designed to eliminate and treat mosquito breeding sites and apply material treatments to areas where adult mosquitoes are present. Learn more about how Modern’s Mosquito Control Program can help you take back your backyard and enjoy this summer mosquito free!