Modern’s next guest blog is by our partner Caitlin Houston. Caitlin’s website is Caitlin Houston and she’s on Facebook and Instagram as @caitlinhoustonblog. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and two daughters. Recently, Caitlin detailed how her family got ready for Memorial Day weekend. But this great advice can be applied all summer long!
Memorial Day weekend always feels like the kick-off to summer – and summer is almost here!
Here is how we got ready for Memorial Day weekend:
- Clean the deck and outdoor areas for pollen. Don’t forget to prepare the yard! Mow the lawn, pull the weeds, and mulch the flower beds.
- If you haven’t already, pull out the patio and lawn furniture. We store our cushions during the cooler months and place them out once we start spending time outside.
- Get your grill ready by cleaning the rack and filling the propane tank. Make sure everything is in working order a few days before your company arrives. This way you have plenty of time to fix any problems!
- Decorate the space with red, white, and blue! Pillows, candles, lanterns, or a blanket (if it gets chilly at night) are easy to find in stores this time of year. Add potted plants or faux flowers to your entertaining space – lemongrass, mint, and lavender naturally repel gnats and other small bugs.
- Treat your backyard for disease carrying fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Nothing ruins a party like a mosquito bite! Our kids can run free through the yard (and into their favorite hideouts) knowing there aren’t any ticks hiding in the grass. Want to learn more about our pest free yard? Keep reading!
We are very excited to host our family and friends in our pest-free yard thanks to Modern Pest. In case you’re not familiar with Modern Pest Services, they are New England’s premier pest management firm defending homes and businesses from disease carrying pests. We receive the HomeCare Organic treatment twice a year and the HomeCare Mosquito, Flea, and Tick service once every month until August.
Here is little breakdown of the behind-the-scenes from a service visit by Modern Pest! Our technician, Jeremy, arrived at our house bright and early, right on time. He was so friendly and excited to share the process of our pest treatment services. I had a lot of questions about the ingredients and how they worked to keep away fleas, ticks, and mosquitos. Jeremy was very knowledgeable and clearly experienced when it comes to pest control.
First we inspected the property, then he asked if I had any big concerns, and finally he showed me his plan of action. After the treatment he explained we should stay out of the yard for an hour – but then we’d be ready to enjoy our space!
Modern Pest is thorough, making sure their customers are happy and that they’ve performed at a high quality of service. Within 24 hours of our visit we received a phone call from the Modern Pest team. They wanted to know if we had any issues or feedback from our services.
Here’s the best part: Modern Pest wants you to have your best summer yet! Click here to enter the Modern Pest Sweepstakes. You could win a $500 gift card to build your ultimate outdoor living room! Good luck, friends!! -Caitlin