Most common mosquito breeding areas are under foliage, wooded sections, shaded damp areas around the home, and any area where the bulk of mosquito populations rest during the day.
One of the easiest and surest ways to manage mosquitoes around the home is to eliminate standing water where mosquitoes can lay eggs:
- Regularly clean objects that permit water pooling such as bird baths.
- Keep your gutters clean.
- Fix leaky pipes.
- Fill in garden space that creates natural pools.
- Ensure that drips from air conditioning units are evaporating properly.
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water
- with sand or concrete.
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around
Planning that special summer BBQ or graduation party? Don’t let mosquitoes and ticks ruin all your fun this summer. Modern’s HomeCare Mosquito and Tick Program can help. Mosquito and Tick services begin in May to reduce the number of breeding mosquitoes around your home and yard. Inspections to identify breeding sites along with preventative treatments continue through the summer ending in September.
Click here find out more information.