The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) has provided prevention tips to help “pest-proof” your business and keep it safe from unwanted pests, such as flies, rodents and cockroaches:
- Be vigilant about your building maintenance needs.
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your business, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Don’t overlook proper drainage at the foundation; install gutters or diverts, which will channel water away from the building.
- Be sure your employees keep food sealed and stored properly.
- Clean high-volume areas daily, such as public eating areas and kitchenettes, where crumbs and trash are more likely to build up.
There are many ways in which pest issues can negatively affect a business, so early detection is critical. Modern offers businesses a FREE inspection to identify troublesome pests and a customized Integrated Pest Management (IPM) service program to control the pest issue.
For more information, visit our website or call us at 1-800-323-378.