Portland, Maine and Somerville, Massachusetts were the first two SMART Cities in the United States, and they have been all over the news. Since then, Old Town, Maine and several Massachusetts cities have also become SMART Cities.
When these cities partnered with Modern Pest, they committed to tackling rat issues head-on. Using Anticimex SMART technology, Modern Pest will help make SMART Cities safer and more enjoyable for residents and visitors alike.
Anticimex SMART is an intelligent pest control system that keeps an eye on things you don’t want to see, predicting and preventing costly infestations in an environmentally-friendly way. The Anticimex SMART system is linked wirelessly, communicating with our office around the clock and giving us full control of the installation to monitor activity.
“SMART City” Concept
- Modern starts with detailed site evaluations of target areas to identify the ideal deployment strategy- above grade or in the sewer system
- Modern deploys equipment to hotspots to reduce rodent pressure
- We then analyze data to determine reductions in population and where additional equipment might be needed
“SMART City” Data
- Modern’s data provides a visual representation in real time to determine hotspots for rodent control and additional efforts that may be needed
- “Gatekeeper” monitoring to ensures that pest pressure does not rise before we know about it
Smart Box Technology
- Smart Box is a multi-catch unit that deals with rodents above ground.
- When a rat or mouse enters the box, it is electrocuted and deposed of in a containment unit within the box.
- The sensor in the box wirelessly reports back to Modern so we know when to service the unit.
- The temperature sensor detects when the environment or product is too hot or too cold.
- The power sensor monitors the battery status.
- The water sensor monitors if the product is flooded.
- Sensor technology is awake 24/7, always ready to detect and act on any activity, giving city officials peace of mind that SMART is working for them.
Here are links to some of the coverage so far:
Bangor Daily News
City of Somerville
WBZ News Radio
WBZ Audio Clip 1
WBZ Audio Clip 2
NBC News Boston
Smart Cities Dives
The Lowell Sun
The Salem News
John Guilfoil Public Relations for Police, Fire, Schools, and Municipal Government