By Elaine Gammon
Modern Pest Services ended the year on a great note and despite a still sluggish economy, we experienced steady growth and reached many of our business goals. Here are a few highlights from the past year:
- Modern expands with Wildlife – In March, Modern purchased a wildlife control company and over the course of the year we have built a solid foundation of wildlife work across Maine and New Hampshire placing dedicated Wildlife Service Professionals in four of our five service centers.
- Modern offers heat treatment – In April, our first Thermal Remediation or “heat” unit arrived which allowed us to help our clients control bed bug infestations with one of the most effective treatment solutions in the industry. Demand for our heat treatment has been so high, a second heat unit was purchased this Fall.
- Modern becomes largest in New England – With Rollin’s acquisition of Waltham Services in Massachusetts in June, Modern Pest Services became New England’s largest family owned and operated pest management firms. We currently rank 53rd in the industry’s 100 largest pest management firms by revenue according to PCT Magazine’s ninth annual top 100 list.
- Modern gains substantial Copesan® business – Because of the Rollin’s purchase, Waltham effectively disengaged from Copesan Services, the alliance organization of premier pest management companies of which Modern is a partner, and as a result, Copesan shifted a large portion of its New England business from Waltham to Modern in September. This large volume of new business was handled extremely well by our Woburn service center team members.
- Modern’s Contact Center grows – In late September, Modern consolidated its Customer Service functions within its Brunswick, ME Contact Center, expanding the staff to nine Client Care Professionals.
As 2010 comes to a close, we have over 130 team members currently servicing and supporting our residential and commercial clients throughout Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Rhode Island and more team members planned for hire as we position ourselves for continued growth in 2011.
We have achieved success through hard work, dedication and openness to change, and though we are extremely proud of our accomplishments, we realize we couldn’t have done it without you. To our new clients, thank you for making the decision to partner with Modern and to our existing clients, thank you for your continued loyalty.
We look forward to keeping your homes and businesses pest free in the years to come.
The Modern Team
P.S. Look for our new bed bug inspection canines coming in early 2011!