What areas do you serve?
- Modern Pest services all six New England states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
What services do you offer?
- Modern offers pest control solutions for nearly every issue. We provide both residential and commercial services. Some of the services we offer include general pest, termites, carpenter ants, bedbugs, and wildlife control.
- We also feature digital pest control called SMART that operates wirelessly around clock. To see all of our services, click here to visit our website.
Call Modern today at 888-976-8853 to schedule your year-round pest protection!
How often should I have my home inspected for termites?
- We suggest an initial termite inspection to gauge whether you currently have an issue. If we don’t see any signs, scheduling a termite inspection every other year is sufficient.
I need to cancel an appointment. What should I do?
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please call 1-800-323-7378 to speak to a Client Care Professional in our Communications Center.
I just bought a new home. Should I get a professional inspection?
- When it comes to protecting a major investment like a new home, professional pest control should be a factor. The professionals at Modern can inspect your home for signs of pests like termites, carpenter ants, and wildlife. These pests can cause series damage.
- Modern can suggest a plan to remediate any current issues and prevent further damage caused by pests. If you’d like to discuss an inspection, call Modern at 1-800-323-7378.
Do you offer services for commercial properties?
- Yes, Modern offers Commercial pest control for nearly every industry. Click here to learn more.
How long does it take the treatment to work?
- Most pest control treatments will be effective in 10-14 days. If you notice increased pest activity after treatment, that’s actually a good sign that it’s working.
- Some direct treatments, such as for a wasp nest, will be effective within days.
What happens if it rains after my service?
- Exterior treatments dry within 1-2 hours. Once the material dries, rain will not wash it away.
- If rain is predicted all day, we will reschedule your service.
Are both the interior and exterior of my home covered?
- Modern’s Homecare Green plan protects against over 55 common household pests. Both interior and exterior treatments are included in this plan.
Is there any notification before services are performed?
- Yes! We will notify you by email a few days prior to service.
- You may also opt-in to text message notifications.
- You don’t need to be home for an exterior treatment, but someone does need to let us in for an interior service. We will let you know which service will be performed in the notification.
Do you provide services to mobile homes?
- Yes, Modern provides service to mobile homes, in addition to other types of dwellings.
- If a building is tenant occupied, we just require that the owner sets up service.
I moved and would like to change my address. Can I do this on the Pest Portal?
- Yes, you can change your address on the Pest Portal.
- You can also change it by calling 1-800-323-7378 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Am I able to pre-pay for services?
- Yes, you can pre-pay for your Modern Pest services. Just call 1-800-323-7378.
Do you provide services for chipmunks?
- No, Modern Pest does not provide chipmunk treatment services.
Am I able to request a specific technician for my appointments?
- You may request a specific Service Professional, but we cannot guarantee it. We schedule services based on efficiency.
I have a fishpond. Can the treatments negatively affect the pond or fish?
- Modern’s Service Professionals are trained to avoid areas near water, vegetable gardens, bees, and anything else that should be protected.
I have a pool. Can the treatments negatively affect the pool?
- Modern’s applications will not negatively affect your pool.
- We use only the most environmentally friendly materials and apply them carefully and efficiently so that only target areas are effected.
What methods of payment can be used?
- Modern Pest accepts credit card and ACH payments.
Can the technicians perform services when I am not home?
- Yes, Modern’s Service Professionals can perform exterior treatments when no one is home. We just request that all pets be kept inside and that things like children’s toys be removed from treatment areas.
- If you have a seasonal property that you can’t be at for an interior service, you can provide a key to Modern for us to service the interior.
How long do services take?
- The length of the service will vary based on the size of your home and the services being performed.
- If you call 1-800-323-7378, our Client Care Professionals can give you an estimate.
Can more than one service be performed during the same appointment time?
- It will depend on what services are being performed, but we will try to perform services as efficiently as possible.
How do you access the Pest Portal and what resources does it provide?
- The Pest Portal can be accessed on Modern’s homepage or by clicking here. It’s easy to sign up. Once you’re in, you can see upcoming service dates, request a service, see service reports, pay your bill and edit billing methods, and more.
What is the time frame for canceling or rescheduling service?
- You can cancel your scheduled service at any time. We will reschedule based on our availability and what is convenient for you.
- Call 1-800-323-7378 to cancel and reschedule.
I have two homes. Do you have multiple locations?
- We would love to service multiple properties for you, provided they are in our service area.
- We provide service throughout New England, but to confirm your specific location, please call 1-800-323-7378.
How often do I receive treatments if I purchase your Homecare Green plan?
- Homecare Green is a tri-annual program with three scheduled services throughout the year. However, it includes a 100% service satisfaction guarantee.
- If you’re having pest issues between scheduled services, we’ll come out at no additional charge.
Do you offer a service guarantee?
- Yes! Some of our service plans, including Homecare Green, come with a 100% service satisfaction guarantee.
- We’ll come to your location between scheduled services at no additional charge if you’re having pest issues. And we’ll keep coming back until it’s resolved.
I have pets. Are your treatments pet-friendly?
- Let your Service Professional know if you have pets. Modern employs Integrated Pest Management (IPM). This technique involves getting a full understanding of the issue and treating with the least amount of materials that will be effective.
- We avoid a random application of material. Through IPM, we work with you to minimize areas conducive to pests and we monitor those areas.
- We are also proud to offer SMART digital pest control. This service communicates wirelessly to our headquarters when there is pest activity, and does not use any rodenticides.
- Call 1-800-323-7378 to learn more about SMART and other pet-friendly pest control methods.
Modern’s got you covered for nearly any pest issue. Call 888-976-8853 to learn more!
How do I prepare for my first pest control service visit?
- Here are a few things you can do before your service: remove clutter from the treatment areas, pick up pet food, and put away other open food.
- Remove children’s toys and personal items from the floor and yard and move outside of the treatment area.
- Pets should be kept inside during exterior treatments.
- Your Service Professional will advise you when kids and pets can safely use the yard again.
- Specific services may require additional preparations. These instructions will be relayed to you prior to your service.
How do I contact you?
- You can call Modern at 1-800-323-7378 or email us at email@example.com.
Do you offer Service Plans?
- Yes we do! Click here to learn more about the plans Modern offers.
What pests do you service?
- Modern treats for many different pests.
- Our Homecare Green plan protects against over 55 common household pests, including mice, spiders, ants, and wasps.
- We also have services that treat for bedbugs, termites, and wildlife.
- Visit our website for more details on the pest we treat.
What is the best way to get rid of rodents?
- Modern Pest is proud to offer Anticimex SMART technology- our intelligent, environmentally-friendly, digital pest control system. SMART keeps an eye on mouse activity 24/7, 365.
- When activity is detected, the system stores the data and communicates wirelessly to Modern’s headquarters so we’ll know we need to come out. We’ll know there’s rodent activity before you do!
Is Modern hiring? How do I apply for a job?
- If you’re interested in a career in pest control with Modern, click here to see what positions we’re currently hiring for.
Do you offer free estimates?
- Yes! Just call 1-800-323-7378 and provide us with information about your pest issue and the location to be serviced.
- Our Client Care Professionals can give you an estimate and schedule service.